Are you our new Assistant Accountant?
Working in our fast paced, successful Financial Control team there has never been a better time to join Pepper Money, a specialist mortgage lender backed by a global financial institution offering first and second charge loans.
We operate a hybrid working model, so you will benefit from both home and office working, the office being based in Cardiff, there may be occasional travel to our other offices.
In this role you will form part of a knowledgeable and dynamic finance team and will work closely with the Assistant Controller to deliver financial results.
What you will be doing
- Working collaboratively within the team to ensure accounts payable functionality is undertaken efficiently and accurately
- Undertaking detailed analysis of costs incurred to support month end deliverables, investigating and resolving unusual movements/transactions.
- Preparation of monthly accruals, prepayments and fixed assets
- Liaise with FP&A to assist with cost reporting and forecast analysis
- Analysis of cost accounts to support the statutory reporting requirements
- Complete broker commission reconciliation prior to payment, liaising with Revenue team to resolve queries, and confirming payment requirements
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations for cost based accounts
- Fixed asset reviews for obsolete/impaired items
What we are looking for
- Previous experience in delivery of financial results is desirable
- Experience of working within Financial Services is advantageous but not essential
- Strong IT skills, including complex formulae in Excel.
- Ability to work within established internal controls and maintain a high standard of quality across all tasks.
- Ability to form productive relationships at all levels.
- Able to work under pressure and to deal with multiple tasks efficiently and to tight deadlines
- Works effectively as a team to develop graduates and support Assistant Controller
- You will “take ownership” of the responsibilities allocated to you
- Training towards professional accounting qualification as a minimum
In return for your commitment, you’ll have the chance to develop your career in a dynamic environment, working alongside top talent and an exceptional leadership team. If you want to be involved in our exciting expansion plans and have the chance to really shape and influence the way the business grows then we’d love to hear from you.
We also want our people to feel a sense of belonging at Pepper Money. We are committed to meeting our Diversity and Inclusion charter, further information can be found on the Careers section on our website.