Are you our new Broker Account Manager? Working in our fast paced, successful 2nd Charge Wholesale team in our Cardiff office there has never been a better time to join Pepper Money, a specialist mortgage lender backed by a global financial institution offering first and second charge loans.
We really do believe that it’s our people who are our main competitive advantage – the ‘thing’ that sets us apart from our competitors.
Our passion is to ‘Help People Succeed’. This is at the heart of everything we do and includes our valued customers, intermediary brokers and partners as well as all of our fantastic colleagues.
We have exciting opportunities for Broker Account Managers to join our Wholesale Team. The successful applicant will have a strong administrative background, an exceptional work ethic and a keen willingness to learn. We are looking for a proactive team player with drive and enthusiasm to complete work in an accurate and efficient manner. You will be the type of person who has exceptional attention to detail, the ability to balance urgency with the need to work effectively, excellent communication skills – verbal and written –and experience of managing your own workload to deadlines.
What you will be doing
- Act with integrity at all times, to ensure appropriate outcomes for customers in respect of TCF. Keep updated on T&C requirements and FCA regulations
- Check submitted loan packs from brokers ensuring they fit Optimum’s lending criteria and progress to pay-out
- Answer all telephone calls and queries from brokers within the timescales stated in the department Service Level Agreements
- Undertake regular broker visits, building on existing relationships and forging new ones to ensure maximum business growth ensues. Help educate and improve packaging performance and Liaise regularly with Wholesale Director and broker staff to ensure continuous improvements in service levels
- Process all outstanding items and ensure the broker is fully up to date with their cases, keeping open channels of communication at all times
- Complete regular scripted security calls with customers at final stage of loan process
- Prepare recommendations on loan applications that fall outside the normal lending criteria
- Adhere to Company Policy incorporating: Broker Complaints, Data Protection Principles, IT Security Procedures and Health and Safety Policy.
- To comply with and/or ensure compliance with all Optimum Data Protection Policies
What we are looking for
- A proven background in the financial services industry, demonstrating sound business acumen within this sector. An understanding of the role of the broker and lender in the secured loans market is essential.
- Proven experience in a target driven environment within the financial services industry
- Excellent knowledge of office management software i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- The successful applicant should have a minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at C grade or above, including English and Maths.
- The CeMAP qualification (or a willingness to complete within 12 months) is required
What we offer
In return for your commitment, you’ll have the chance to develop your career in a dynamic environment, working alongside top talent and an exceptional leadership team. If you want to be involved in our exciting expansion plans and have the chance to really shape and influence the way the business grows then we’d love to hear from you.
We also want our people to feel a sense of belonging at Pepper Money. We are committed to meeting our Diversity and Inclusion charter. Further information can be found on the Careers section on our website.