Working in our fast paced, successful Data Management team, there has never been a better time to join Pepper Money, a specialist mortgage lender backed by a global financial institution offering first and second charge loans.
The Data Management team are a small team reporting directly into the Head of Data Management. This is a fun and reliable team playing a critical part in the Company. Not one day is the same, working and supporting each other with teamwork at the heart of everything they do, all whilst giving everyone an opportunity to take part in different projects utilising existing knowledge as well as learning new skills along the way.
We operate a hybrid working model, so you will benefit from both home and office working, the office being based in either our Cardiff or Uxbridge. Our team are also based in Cardiff/Uxbridge so there maybe occasional travel to our other offices.
What you will be doing
- Principles of database design and the major data warehouse models (e.g. star schemas).
- Writing reliable and well-performing queries and code in Transact-SQL.
- Creating reports in SSRS and Power BI.
- Use of dedicated BI tools such as SQL Server Integration Services and Azure Data Flows.
- Combine and compare sources of data, either for troubleshooting, reconciliation or enhancements.
- Transforming data between structured and unstructured sources for analysis or import / export.
- Development and maintenance of ETL procedures to load data from source systems into the reporting data stores.
- Provision and monitoring of data feeds to and from external business partners.
What we are looking for
If you are able to combine and compare sources of data, either for troubleshooting, reconciliation or enhancements then this could be the perfect role for you.
You will be comfortable with transforming data between structured and unstructured sources for analysis or import / export.
The ideal candidate will have experience in carrying out evaluation of new technologies and processes with an open but inquiring mind, to assist with adoption of new techniques.
Security will always be at the forefront of your mind when processing any requests for new or changed data and having the ability to know when to refer to company experts to ensure we are maintaining compliance.
You will also have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
We also want our people to feel a sense of belonging at Pepper Money. We are committed to meeting our Diversity and Inclusion charter, further information can be found on the Careers section on our website.