Working in our fast paced, successful Sales team there has never been a better time to join Pepper Money, a specialist mortgage lender backed by a global financial institution offering first and second charge loans.
We operate a hybrid working model, so you will benefit from both home and office working, our office being based in Manchester office. Our team are also based in Cardiff and London so there may be occasional travel to our other offices.
What you will be doing
You will be an expert in the Pepper Money proposition and apply this expertise to generate new business from mortgage intermediaries via outbound sales calls and other appropriate proactive methods. There will be an element of national, campaign driven, outbound calling as well as you are having the responsibility for a set panel of brokers to nurture, drive forward, and ultimately hit & exceed a given commercial target.
You will have great product and lending criteria knowledge with the ability to explain and guide brokers through the full end to end process which will also require a high degree of system and process knowledge coupled with an understanding of the broker specific requirements.
A full working knowledge of the specialist mortgage market and our key competitors is paramount as this will aid in positioning our unique selling points to our intermediaries.
In addition, you will man our WebChat function on a reactive basis, speaking to brokers nationally with new business enquiries.
What we are looking for
- Mortgage knowledge and experience advantageous.
- Customer service experience particularly via telephone.
- Specialist lending experience particularly in a sales environment and ability to generate leads and convert relevant new business.
- Experience of webchat is advantageous.
- Regulatory knowledge, FCA, TCF, MCOB (MMR changes)
- Excellent and impactful telephone manner.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Able to work both under their own initiative and as part of a team. Be a team player.
- A high degree of confidence and ability to influence people.
- A full understanding and ability to apply the fundamentals of Sales and Relationship Management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Proactivity, flexibility, and a strong work ethic
- Consistently reliable and Real – Goes the extra mile to delight the customer/broker
- Can do – Shares knowledge, creates opportunities and is passionate about self-improvement.
- Balanced – Inspires others, both extremally and internally